Monday, July 2, 2012

My Diet

I started crossfit in November 2011.  I always thought I ate fairly healthy until I heard about the paleo diet and started learning about what I was putting into my body.  The worst part of my diet was sugar.  I have a sweet tooth and would always have a bag of sour candy in my office.  Now I know that sugar is like poison to our bodies.  Ever since I have drastically cut down on my sugar intake and also cut most carbs I have seen positive results in my physique and overall fitness level.  My diet is pretty simple, eat a lot of food, but in small portions throughout the day.  Keep the meals high in protein and get carbs from vegetables.  Also, fat is good.

Here's an example of my typical day:

7:30AM - Protein shake (whey or progenex mixed with coconut milk) & 2 or 3 scrambled eggs with 1/2 of an avocado.

9:00AM - A half cup of roasted almonds, banana and a cup of coffee.

11:30AM - A serving of protein (usually grilled chicken, but today I had rack of lamb yummmm) with steamed vegetables (squash, carrots, mushrooms).

1:30PM - Three meatballs with tomato sauce, steamed broccoli and carrots and potato salad.

3:30PM - small serving of roasted almonds and cup of coffee.

4:30PM -(same as 11:30PM) A serving of protein with steamed vegetables (squash & mushrooms).

7:00PM - one banana (pre workout)

8:30PM - Protein shake (post workout)

9:30PM -A serving of protein with steamed vegetables (squash, mushrooms) w/ a glass of coconut milk.

10:30PM - Coconut Milk Ice Cream...I can't help it.  I get this late night craving every night!!

I usually eat a hand full of nuts later in the evening too.  Either, sunflower seeds, walnuts or almonds.

I drink a lot of water throughout the day, approximately 18 glasses.  That doesn't include my protein shakes and coconut water I drink with dinner.

After writing all this out it looks like a lot of food.  I am very lucky to have a wonderful fiance to loves to cook for me.  She usually prepares all my meals on Sunday evening and we package them up into about 8 - 10 tupperware containers.  Her blog is Paleoodie.blogspot.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment